Karen Lundie and Annabel Hawkes attended a recent Cursillo weekend in Featherston.
What is Cursillo? I hear you ask…
Cursillo is a short course in Christian Living, an international movement that brings together men and women from around the Diocese for three days of bible study, prayer, Christian renewal, and fellowship, encouraging Christian community.
It is led by veterans of the course, called Cursillistas, and included loads of laughter, food, and discussion. Both Karen and Annie highly recommend it!
A wheelbarrow full of goodies donated by the Epiphany Community is ready for you, but only if you buy the winning raffle ticket.
Raffle sellers will be at the pharmacy opposite Food for Thought cafe on Queen St, and outside New World supermarket, on October 16, 17, and 18 from 10 am until 2 pm.
Be in to win and love that wheelbarrow!
Diocesan Nominator Roger Wigglesworth Comes to Town!Diocesan Nominator Roger Wigglesworth visited Epiphany parish on Sunday 9th September, 2018. He discussed the process of finding a new vicar for the parish. The process takes on seven stages…
- The four parish nominators (Michael, Annie, Wayne, and Brent) meet with Roger to discuss the current environment in the parish
- They develop a Prospectus for the parish
- Advertisements go out: hopefully by mid-October 2018
- Applications pass through the Bishop’s office
- The four parish nominators and Roger short-list and interview: this is a private process to respect everyone’s current jobs
- A decision is made and the recommendation goes to a group of 10: four diocesan nominators, the four parish nominators, and the two Bishops.
- An announcement is made, hopefully before Christmas 2018.
- We all celebrate and Praise the Lord!
On Tuesday 6th November the Epiphany branch of Mother’s Union celebrates 70 years in existence. Celebrations start with a service at 1.45 pm at Epiphany Church.
Come along and see what this vibrant and faithful group of women (and men) are all about in celebration, prayer, and fellowship. New members are welcome!
There is a catered afternoon tea to share.
If you want to know more, contact Cheryl Hansen through the Epiphany Church office.
Epiphany Church Hall
Kids Song and Story operates every Friday morning during the School Term from 9.30 until 10.30
We provide a caring Christian environment for Pre-schoolers (new born – six) and their Parents/Caregivers
During our session we sing, move to music, enjoy finger play and stories.
Our team of helpers provide morning tea. Children can play with toys inside and enjoy the outdoor play area while Parents/Caregivers can chat and make new friends.
A coin donation can be made if desired.
More information? Phone Pam 3786740 or turn up on the day.